Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What I'm loving.

There are a few things, simple things, making my heart very happy lately.

I'm loving... Music


Music can get you in the best mood.  Some days I spend waaay too long scouring internet message boards for good, NEW, music for my spinning class.  I recently found the following that I LOVE. They may be old news to you, if not, consider adding them to your workout play list.

  • Drum Song by The Temper Trap.  All instrumental, fast, love it, love it, love it!

  • How You Like Me Now by The Heavy. Little bit jazzy, great beat. Apparently it's a car commercial, I had no idea because M mutes commercials.

  • Kashmir by Bond. All instrumental of the Zeppelin classic. I'm not saying they did it better, just that it's incredible. A little faster pace than the original. It's inspiring. Good for a climb or long distance run.

  • Possibility by Lykke Li. Great cool down or stretching song. Yes, it's from New Moon. No, I'm not ashamed.

  • Morning After Dark by Timberland ft. So Shy & Nelly Furtado. I get SO EXCITED when I listen to this song. I LOVE rap. Every once in a while a "rap" (it's pop I suppose) song comes out that I can listen to until someone tells me to stop.  Roommates of mine will remember the Window to the Wall obsession of junior year, and M can attest to the Apple Bottom Jeans over-play.  Seriously, listen to this song. And maybe even have a little kitchen dance party if you feel up to it. Note: M stole a little of my joy when he pointed out how annoying Timberland's voice-echo thing is. He still admitted it was a great song, though.

  • James Bond Theme (Moby's Re-version) by Moby. I know this is an old one, but I have such a love for Moby.  M's Dad had a Z-3 for a while.  M borrowed it his junior year, took it out to an open road and flew to this song- I won't say how fast. Maybe that's a secret. I think it's okay to spill the beans now, some 10 years later.

  • Hearing Damage by Thom Yorke. Yes, also a New Moon soundtrack-track. Good steady beat, almost trance-like.

  • Follow Me Down by 3OH!3. From the Alice and Wonderland soundtrack. Just happy.

  • Electric Feel by MGMT. Kinda chill, nice warm up, just has a good sound. I already had this post written when we spent this past weekend with Nell and Joseph... Nell mentioned this new band she liked, MGMT, AND that the guy went to her high school. Neato. Nell says that "Kids" and "Time to Pretend" are also good.

  • Last, but not least, I cannot get enough of Muse since sometime last year. They are incredible. Supermassive Black Hole, Uprising, Knights of Cydonia... I could go on. For days. Give them a listen. M seconds me on this one.


I'll let a few pictures tell a thousand words for my next loves.

I'm loving... J in Cargo Shorts


(excuse the quality, taken with my cell phone)





I'm (back to) loving... PB&J


First trimester put a stop to peanut butter eating.  I began to get a little concerned considering we have enough PB stockpiled to survive Armageddon.  When I was pregnant with J we had a bulk sized amount of Stonyfields yogurt go bad thanks to nausea (I know, sad, right? I should have given it away, I just kept thinking I'd feel like eating it again). Thankfully, the second trimester brought back my energy and JIF obsession. Below is my PB&J as it waits for me in the office fridge (yes, I like them cold if they are made in advance).


This picture really serves 2 purposes: First of all, to include more pictures in my increasingly dry posts. And secondly, to point out why I have not shared any recipes of late.


I'm loving... Kroger


I read so many blogs that give props to Publix, that I wanted to give some love to Kroger.  The shopping experience may not be quite as fine as Publix- but, I am convinced you spend way less and don't have to mess with coupons.

I'm loving... April 28th


Because that is the date of my 20-ish week ultrasound, which will reveal if Dos is a boy or a girl!

Which do I prefer? Either! It's our baby, it is what it is. Now, all that does not mean that I'm opposed to a few guesses on your part. So, what do you think? Will April 28th reveal pink or blue?

[polldaddy poll=2980333]

Coming Soon...



  • Our weekend in Atlanta...

  • I'm trying to catch video of J clapping to If Your Happy and You Know it... Precious.

  • Chicken (almost) Marsala recipe that we've had twice.

11 comments:

  1. "I’m trying to catch video of J clapping to If Your Happy and You Know it… Precious."

    Oh by the way, "your" y o u r, you are y o u r ' r e!
    -Ross

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotcha on the Kroger thing -- it seems easier to save there. But our Kroger is kind of sketchy. Ok, really sketchy. And as of right now, I've got time to clip the coupons and it gives me joy to whip them out at the checkout line :)
    And I think J is going to have a little brother (who will have no hair :) )
    --Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted! And I love cold PB&J sandwiches too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I did not know you were so into music. I need a mix CD. Make one for me in your spare time.

    Also, I'm a Kroger girl deep down in my heart, Publix only by force. We have no Kroger...sniff.

    Excellent phone photos of J.

    I voted girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music!!!! I love it. Thanks for the recommendations. I need to get downloading. Do you like "Empire State of Mind"? I love that song right now. Makes me want to go to NYC!

    J is adorabe (as usual) in his cargo....I think he's getting a little brother, but I have no idea! Like you said, either way is fantastic!

    We loved seeing y'all, and I can't wait for Re-June-ion 2010. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry for 2 comments but also, when torrent was growing up, his mom used to make all their lunches for the week on SUNDAY and then stick EVERYTHING in the fridge! i mean i LOVE a cold pbj on mon, tues is probably doable, but by friday? i dont even want to think about how soggy that white bread is! haha thought you would think that is funny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved all that you loved...especially J and PB & jelly, which luxury I never allow myself...hmmmmmmm...maybe right now! Power of suggestion and photos! Ummmm don't know any of those songs. Sad story. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking and reading this post over the past two days! I HEART the two photos of J and the second one is my computer desktop.
    I need to listen to all the songs you listed. I'm glad you found a mix for your spin class! M shouldn't be making fun of your list of songs. I remember one early Saturday morning years ago when our home intercom system was mistakenly left on. "I Saw the Sign" by Ace of Base kept playing over and...over...and... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, i LOVE LOVE LOVE Muse. they rock.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also, can't wait to find out what flavor you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, the Temper Trap. I did my Discipleship Training school with Youth With A Mission with Dougie (Chris Mandagi), whom I called Moondoggy. Jonathan Aherne was thriteen and the son of the base director. I gave him the nickname "son of Aherne" after he walked into the lounge one rainy night stepping all over my project (as in: "you son of a...herne!"). I dyed Dougie's hair red and we got into a lot of trouble at different points, but that is another story for another day.
    I remember when Dougie started to teach Jonathan to play the guitar.
    It's still quite surreal that they are *famous*. I am very proud of them and love their music!
    Betsi*

    ReplyDelete