These pictures were taken at 9pm inside (duh) with my 35mm lens, no flash. I love this lens. I'm not saying these photos would win prizes, I'm just excited that this lens can catch the very active Roosta with no natural light available. If you care, here are the settings: manual, 35mm f/1.8, ISO 1600, 1/25 (the shutter speed varies slightly picture to picture). I do all editing in Picasa because I understand it. I have Photoshop Elements, but it's over my head.

It's all about this basket, lately.

You have a nose!

How do you put this child to bed?

(I'm in love with this picture... and child)

Reading Go Dogs, Go. I like to think this is his favorite book. Aunt Anna gave it to J before he was even born, and I've read it to him since he was tiny.


I had someone tell me once that they want (and I quote), "their children to look like mine, because my child looks like a precious baby duck." Might have stemmed from here.
(It's funny how self-deprecating we can be about ourselves-- but, our children? I'll repeat and brag on every compliment they get.)

Playing (M was putting the basket on J's head)...

Playing with Mama and #2...
I cropped in on this one, I think it's a little grainy because of the 1600 ISO. Anyone?

...and, Dada. I cannot get over how cute it is when J realizes that M is home or even when they are playing together. He freaks out. When I tell M this, he says, "well, he's my buddy."

And finally, the next morning before church. Unfortunately, I still had my settings from the other (darker) evening, so these are over-exposed. But, you get the idea...


a little oatmeal on the go...

and we're off.
My thought when I see this picture is, "my son and I will both be wearing elastic jeans shortly."
Have a great weekend everyone! This weekend M and I are dropping J off for the night at Momo and Popo's and heading to Atlanta for a college roommate's wedding (Whitney). First night without J... ever. How will I do this?! Once I get past that... I am so looking forward to a weekend with so many old friends, including these girls! Barnhouse reunion!

AAAAHHHH....adorable jams, precious boy, fun pictures.
ReplyDeleteLove the baby duck one especially!
Can hardly wait to see y'all!!!
If you have a girl, I'll sew her a dress. (I know that's random)
Great pictures, as usual :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great weekend with your roommies!
And I hope little J is feeling much much better! So good to see you guys yesterday.
Your sunglasses look awesome!
ReplyDeleteJ is so precious in his jammies!
Love his cute little shoes and jeans :)
Great pics! J is looking so grown up! And he's already reading. Wow. I'm impressed. I can't wait to see you sooooon!
ReplyDeleteI love J in his jeans. Tiny kids in big people clothes are so cute to me.
ReplyDeleteHave fun at Whitney's wedding.
Precious pictures! Have a great weekend! Ready to see you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteI saw three new teeth! I have my fix for the day...Much love to all of you xoxoxoxo Grammy
ReplyDeleteGrammy Sue, we'll need to set up a webcam session over this weekend if I can get organized and slow down enough to call you tomorrow. ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! The photos and content are the sweetest ever! Thank you for your blog!