Friday, May 22, 2009

My Guinea Pigs

n7001727_34511731_7740



M and I have a fun Memorial Day weekend coming up.  Tonight some of our best friends from college, Travis and Billie, are coming to stay with us.  Getting together with them always brings a wave of the best kind of nostalgia.  They are the couple that we doubled with for our second date at "Atlanta Rocks", and M gives Billie credit for egging him on during that first phone call (I believe the sign read: "If it goes badly, tell her you're a fireman or a cowboy").  Travis and Billie also suffered through one of my worst culinary disasters- the white lasagna.  To his credit (although probably to his demise in this case), Travis is not the pickiest of eaters and most likely made himself sick on the mass of runny, flavorless ricotta cheese.  Which brings me to my point, I am going to attempt to make Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls today for tomorrow morning.  Her finished product looks simply wicked, but we've got some cereal just in case.

For the first 2 years of our marriage the 4 of us adamantly argued that WE would be the last couple to have children.  Now it's pretty obvious who meant it, because less than two years later we have this guy...

DSC04061

...and Travis and Billie still stay up till 2am, live in a very stylish loft in D.C., see movies being filmed on their lunch break, plan to live abroad, and take 20 hr road trips on any given Wednesday.  M and I love this about them, and we are thrilled to be a stop on their travels this weekend.  And someday J will have a little friend named Trout (or is it Stream?) to play with.

More posts to follow about the success (or failure...) of the above mentioned cinnamon rolls, a more recent photo of our dear friends, and the Cotton Row 10K we are running bright and early on Monday morning!  Happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

  1. Tell them I said hi! I still like you even though you make your own pasta and run 10K's. Those 2 things are superhuman. We are off to Andrew's wedding this weekend. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know what AHHH Rescue Pack is! That was a great little blurb for J. Have a great weekend. xo

    ReplyDelete