Here we are!
{Peek-a-boo is big at our house right now}
I'm so sorry for the long blog hiatus, that is if anyone is still reading to apologize to!
This is what we look like. Bean has two more teeth and is running all over. J is talking up a storm, pretending, and constantly looking for a misplaced Lightning McQueen. I suppose it's clear we haven't quite gotten to potty training. I do want y'all to know that we do leave the house with clothes on. This particular morning is a rainy November day in the seventies. Naturally, J and Bean had to run around in the backyard until soaking wet and then make a towel fort {or "fork" as J says}.
Seventies in November, you say... thought we moved to upstate New York? Well, yes, we did. Which brings me to my great excuse for the blog hiatus: we moved. Again. The long and short: we had a wonderful summer up in NY, no plans to leave. The people were kind, the weather was nice, the recycling program was outstanding. No complaints. Then, M received an out of nowhere call about a job... and a month later we have bought a home, and moved our things 1000+ miles {again} South. It was all good. We are thankful. {For the record, M is not dragging me around this great nation. I was up for both moves, and he would have stayed put if I hadn't been.}
The kids were awesome. Truly awesome. We stayed in at least 6 different places {hotels and houses} in 3 weeks and they never woke up in the night. Of course it was a little stressful at times, but God really was kind to us in the details of this move.
The past month has been packing, driving, living out of hotels, cars, and happily accepting the hospitality of family and friends, M starting his new job, closing on a house, and finally, unpacking! Thank you everyone who made it a smooth transition for us.
I hope to have before and after pictures of our house soon. Soon probably meaning this time next year... I'll really try not to be gone so long again!
For now, I'll leave you with the front runner for our Christmas card picture. No? ;-) Ah, well, maybe a Luvs ad then.
{Their hair is wet from playing in the rain, not dirty.}






cute cute! welcome back to the south!
ReplyDeleteI love your kids.
ReplyDeleteAnd also, glad the move went well!
Joseph looks so old in this picture.
ReplyDeleteI miss that Roosta and Bean
ReplyDeleteAdorable! Great photos! The B&W photo is stunning!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your back to blogging...my goodness the babies look so grown up and wasn't it only Sept. when we saw them? Keep the photos coming for the grands. It's such a treat. So glad your move went well and you're finally in your new home! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWish we could have seen you guys at Thanksgiving! I'm in need of a few photo updates since we didn't get to see you in person :) These are so cute and make me want to see more!!
ReplyDelete